Storm Water Pollution Reduction
Fairfield County Regional Planning Commission Storm Water Advisory and Educational Subcommitte – Typically meeting in November
- November 2017 meeting minutes
- November 2016 meeting minutes
- November 2015 meeting minutes
- November 2014 meeting minutes
- January 2014 meeting minutes
- November 2013 meeting minutes
What should you as a landowner in an MS4 Community know?
- Don’t dump yard waste in streams and ditches.
- Use the right rate of fertilizer on your yard. Soil testing is offered at the local OSU Extension office.
- Pick-up-Poop – Don’t dump pet wastes in streams and ditches.
- Don’t dump oil or antifreeze.
- How to dispose of paint.
- Rain barrels and rain gardens.
- If you are regrading your property or building a new structure, you should stabilize the site and place protective devices to keep sediment from entering streams and ditches.
- Household Septic Aeration System Maintenance: Inside the City of Pickerington and Canal Winchester contact Franklin Co. Public Health – Water Quality Program at 614-525-3849. All other residents contact the Fairfield Department of Health – Environmental Health 740-652-2800.
- Ohio Rain Garden Guide
- Looking for Storm Water resources?
- Ohio Drainage Laws